England vs India 2nd ODI 1st innings Highlights: England scored 246 runs in 49 overs against India in the 2nd ODI match played at Lords, London. India won the toss and chose to field first, pressurized the England Batsmen during the starting of the 1st innings with their strong bowling and fielding performance.
England scored 46-1 in the first 10 overs of the powerplay and has improvised a lot in their batting after learning their mistakes from their previous ODI match in this series.
But the England Batsmen were not able to bat consistently, after losing their opening batsman Jason Roy at 41-1 in 8.5 overs. England opener Jason Roy departed after scoring 23 runs from 33 balls (including 2 fours and 1 six).
At the end of 40 overs, England was 201-6. The last 10 overs were crucial and tough fighting challenging contest between both the teams as their batsmen Moeen Ali (39 runs from 56 balls) and David Willey (25 runs from 36 balls) seemed to be game changers against the team India at the end of 40 overs.
Moeen Ali departed after scoring 47 runs from 64 balls (2 fours and 2 sixes), after a fantastic catch being caught by Ravindra Jadeja at the boundary.
Yuzvendra Chahal was the bowler, who helped India break the 62-runs partnership between Moeen Ali
and David Willey, by taking the important wicket of Moeen Ali at 210-7 in 41.5 overs.
David Willey departed after scoring 41 runs from 49 balls( including 2 fours and 2 sixes) when England’s score was 237-8 in 46.6 overs.
England scored 45-4 in the last 10 overs of the match. David Willey and Moeen Ali were the top-scoring batsmen for England Team.
Hardik Pandya (28-2 in 6 overs ) along with Jasprit Bumrah ( 49-2 in 10 overs) controlled England Batsmen from scoring a high total.
Indian bowler Yuzvendra Chahal was at his best with his excellent 10-over spell by taking 4 important wickets and conceding 47 runs(47-4 in 10 overs).
Can England Defend their score of 246 runs against India to win their 2nd ODI Match in order to have the chances of winning this ODI Series?
Can India Chase the target of 247 runs against England in-order to win the 2nd ODI as well as this 3-match ODI series with a lead of 2-0?
Can Virat Kohli come back to form in this match?
The answers to these above questions will be known in the upcoming exciting 2nd innings of England vs India 2nd ODI match 2022
Also Read About:
- England vs India 1st ODI 2022 powerplay updates: India score 56-0 in the first 10 overs
- England vs India 1st ODI 2022 1st innings highlights: India restrict England to 110
- England vs India 1st ODI 2022 powerplay updates: Indian bowlers dominate England batsmen
- England vs India 1st ODI 2022 Toss updates: India chooses to bowl first! Know more interesting updates
- England vs India 1st ODI 2022: Interesting Facts and Key Battles To Know Before The Match
- England vs India 2nd T20 2022 Highlights: India wins the series with 2-0 against England
- England vs India 2nd T20 2022 1st innings Highlights: India score 170-8 in 20 overs
- England vs India 1st T20 2022 Hardik Pandya innings: An outstanding performance to know about!!!
- England vs India 1st T20 2022 Highlights: India’s massive win over England
- England vs India 1st T20 2022 updates: India scores 198-8 in 20 overs
- England vs India 1st T20 2022 updates: India score 105-3 in the first 10 overs
- England vs India 5th Test 2022: Series concludes with a draw of 2-2
- England vs India 5th Test 2022 Day 4 Highlights
- England vs India 5th Test 2022 Day 3 Highlights: The interesting facts to know about
- India vs England 5th Test 2022 Day 1 Highlights you need to know about!