IPL(Indian Premier League) has become a brand of cricket for audiences all over the world. It has been the biggest property in the world of cricket. Recently, the latest news on IPL Broadcasters has been the trending talk.
BCCI(Board of Control for Cricket in India) secretary Jay Shah stated that the IPL media rights are sold at an amount of Rs 48,390 crore for a five-year period. As a result, there will be an increase in the number of games played further.
The contest was grown from eight teams to ten teams this year with Gujarat Titans and Lucknow Super Giants being included in this IPL season 2022. Also, IPL has been listed among the top 5 sporting leagues throughout the world.
According to the latest news, Disney Star on TV, and Viacom18 on digital have owned the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) rights for the Indian subcontinent from the period 2023 to 2027. It is a deal worth 235.75 billion Indian rupees ($3.02 billion).
The satellite rights are sold for Rs 23,575 crore(Star India). Whereas, digital rights (Viacom) are sold for an enormous amount of Rs 20,500 crore. This deal is for a total of 410 matches for a period of 5 years.
To strengthen domestic cricket, BCCI has decided to spend the revenue generated from IPL. Also, BCCI gets paid Rs 107 Crore per match. On an average basis, BCCI earns INR 118.0 crores per live IPL match approximately.
As the biggest sporting league NFL, has five different partners, BCCI decides to promote the game in India as well as globally.
With the increase in investment, BCCI plans to expand IPL in terms of teams and the number of league matches.
Top 5 Domestic Leagues in the World
The Top 5 Domestic Leagues in the World are:
According to the latest reports, BCCI earned a whopping amount of INR 48,390 crores approximately for the next five years from the media rights. From this earned amount, 50% of revenue will be shared among the IPL franchises. It is also estimated that each and every team will aim to earn around 400 to 500 crores approximately, just from the media rights.
Star India won the Indian Premier League (IPL) broadcast media rights in the e-auction process for 2023 to 2027.
Players will have more scope to earn additional revenue as there will be an increase in auctions. A new period of a sports broadcast is started in India and the IPL is expected to grow more every year.
Also Read About:
- India vs South Africa 4th T20 2022: India Crush South Africa with 82 runs win!
- India vs South Africa 3rd T20 2022: India’s Excellent Performance To Watch Out!
- IND vs SA 2nd T20 2022 Powerful Stats and Dominating performances to know about!
- IND vs SA 1st T20 2022 Fascinating Stats to know!
- Ravi Shastri’s Latest Shocking Statement on T20 International Cricket: All you need to know about it!!!
- Rahul Dravid’s new statement on the UNAVAILABILITY of Key Players!!!
- Steve Smith Amazing and Surprising Facts revealed!!!
- BIO BUBBLE restrictions are now removed!!!
- Is Rishabh Pant the New captain of the Indian Cricket Team?
- India Tour of Ireland 2022: Amazing Updates!