Rohit Sharma’s Important Statement on T20 World Cup: Indian skipper Rohit Sharma mentioned in the recent press conference meeting that his team is going on through full preparation for the upcoming Asia Cup 2022 and T20 World Cup 2022 tournament.
Rohit Sharma became the limited-overs captain of the Indian Cricket Team after Team India was eliminated in the group stages of the T20 World Cup 2021 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli.
Recently, Rohit Sharma created another new record by winning 8 consecutive series as a captain. Under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy in T20Is, Team India won 29 matches out of 36 matches played since 2021.
Rohit Sharma’s Important Statement on T20 World Cup:
“It takes a lot to change a game, it takes a lot to understand what a team requires every point in time. For me, individual brilliance is good, but those little efforts from all of us are what will give us more results, consistently. That is what we are looking for-Indian Skipper Rohit Sharma, on his team’s performance after losing T20 World Cup 2021
We made it very clear after the T20 World Cup in Dubai, where we didn’t qualify for the finals – that we felt there needed to be a change in our attitude and approach in how we play our game.
They were ready to accept that challenge. Not too many chop and change in the squad. With Rahul Bhai, I have played some games with him, he was my first captain when I made my ODI debut so obviously, we have some sort of understanding.
I have spent a lot of time in the NCA when I was injured and he was there. We had regular chats happening all the time and he was closely following my game as well.
And when he became the coach here, we met and sat together in a room for a while and we decided how we want to take this team forward and he was pretty much on the same thought process of how I was thinking
If the message is clear from the captain and the coach about where the team is trying to head, then the individuals will definitely try to do that. For that to happen they need freedom and clarity and that’s what we are trying to do. We are trying to give them as much freedom as possible.
Also, Rohit Sharma replied when asked about multiple captains for team India in recent times:
“I think it’s very important to have that leadership, but obviously, you know we play the IPL and it’s a 10-team tournament. So there will be 10 captains who at some stage will be a part of the Indian team as well.-Rohit Sharma about having multiple captains for Team India
You know, I think it’s fantastic because honestly, my job is much lesser as these guys understand everything pretty well. So, it’s just about if someone’s having a thought, how am I going to back up that thought? For me as captain that is my role and that is what I’m trying to do”.
Rohit Sharma’s Important Statement on T20 World Cup: Overall News
Since Rohit Sharma became the captain, Team India has been brilliant with their aggressive batting and bowling performance.
Now Team India is set to win the Asia Cup 2022 and T20 World Cup 2022 under the captaincy of Rohit Sharma.
Also Read About:
- Asia Cup 2022 New Schedule Announced: Exciting and Revised Latest Schedule To Know About!
- Sunil Gavaskar supports Virat Kohli! Here is what you need to know!
- Rohit Sharma Celebrates his 15 years of journey in International Cricket!
- On this Day in 2013 MS Dhoni become the first captain to achieve this record!
- Rohit Sharma Latest Fitness News! Good News For All Hitman Fans
- MS Dhoni Important lesson To Hardik Pandya That Transformed Him!
- Is there any chance for Virat Kohli to score more than 100 centuries?
- List of Most Double hundreds as a Test Match Captain! Interesting Facts To Know
- Why Broadcasters are paying a huge amount of INR 48000 crores for IPL?
- Virat Kohli celebrates his 11 years in Test Cricket! Records to be Known!
- Asia Cup 2022 Venue Changed: All You Need To Know About!!!