Virat Kohli celebrates his 11 years in Test Cricket: On this day (20th June), 11 years ago Virat Kohli marked his debut in the world of Test Cricket against the West Indies at Kingston in the year 2011. In these 11 years, Virat Kohli has played more than 101 test matches, scoring 8043 runs with the highest score of an unbeaten 254 runs in his career. Apart from Virat Kohli, legendary Indian cricketers Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid made their Test debut on the same date (20th June) during the year 1996
Also, here are the unknown facts to many cricket fans about Virat Kohli’s first test match. His first Test match against West Indies did not start well as he scored 4 runs and 10 runs in both the innings respectively. But, Virat Kohli kept on improving himself and his best performance secured a spot in test match cricket. Later, he achieved many records and continued to create history by becoming one of the best batsmen in all formats of cricket.
As of now, the 33-year-old batsman furthermore holds the record of 70 International centuries (including Test -27 & ODI -43).
Virat Kohli celebrates his 11 years in Test Cricket: King Kohli’s Achievements as a Test Match captain of the Indian Cricket Team
Virat Kohli became the Test match captain of the Indian Cricket Team in 2014. As Virat Kohli celebrates his 11 years in Test Cricket, here are the following achievements of Virat Kohli as a Test match captain:
- Virat Kohli captained India in 68 Test matches during the period of 8 years from 2014 to 2022. Out of which, 40 matches were won with a winning percentage of 59. This also includes the ICC World Test Championship with India being the runners-up of the tournament against New Zealand on June 23rd, 2021.
- Kohli holds the record of scoring 20 international centuries as a test match captain, which is the second-highest followed by the former South Africa captain Graeme Smith
- Virat Kohli scored seven double hundreds in test match cricket, which is the highest by any skipper.
- In 2014, Virat Kohli became the second captain to score two test hundreds in consecutive innings followed by Greg Chappell.
- Virat Kohli surpassed the record of MS Dhoni. He holds the record for the most number of wins in a Test match as a captain.
Virat Kohli stepped down as a Test match captain after the series against South Africa in January 2022.
Also Read About:
- Is there any chance for Virat Kohli to score more than 100 centuries?
- On this Day in 2013 MS Dhoni become the first captain to achieve this record!
- Why Broadcasters are paying a huge amount of INR 48000 crores for IPL?
- MS Dhoni Important lesson To Hardik Pandya That Transformed Him!
- Ravi Shastri’s Latest Shocking Statement on T20 International Cricket: All you need to know about it!!!
- Team India’s New Entertainment-Packed Schedule and Fixtures next 6 months