West Indies vs India 1st ODI 2022 Updates: India gets off to a good start after scoring 73-0 in the first 10 overs of the powerplay.
It was good to see Shikhar Dhawan batting brilliant innings after a long time. Unfortunately, Shikhar Dhawan departed 3 runs short of his century, when India’s score was 213 in 33.4 overs of the match.
Shikhar Dhawan, as a responsible captain led his team from the front by scoring a brilliant 97 runs from 99 balls (including 10 fours and 3 sixes).
Opening batsmen Shubham Gill scored a supportive half-century of 64 runs from 53 balls( 6 fours and 2 sixes).
The middle-order batsmen Shreyas Iyer scored 54 runs from 57 balls (including 5 fours and 2 sixes).
The Indian team has been performing well in this match in the absence of their regular skipper Rohit Sharma, who has been rested and will be joining the T20 series against the West Indies.
West Indies vs India 1st ODI 2022 updates: Unexpected Turn in the match
At 213-1 in 33 overs, there was a possibility for India to reach a total of 370 to 380 runs and above at the end of 50 overs, but the West Indies bowlers ensured that the Indian batsmen do not score many runs in the last 10 overs.
India scored 248-4 at the end of 40 overs. But, in the last 10 overs of the match, India scored only 60 runs by losing 3 wickets.
Finally, India scored 308-7 in 50 Overs after a brilliant batting performance by Shikhar Dhawan, Shubham Gill, and Shreyas Iyer.
After the dismissal of Shreyas Iyer, the other Indian batsmen such as Suryakumar Yadav(13 runs from 14 balls), Sanju Samson (12 runs from 18 balls), Deepak Hooda (27 runs from 32 balls), Axar Patel (21 runs from 21 balls) and Shardul Thakur (7 runs from 5 balls ) failed to play an explosive inning in the completing overs of the match to boost up India’s total against West Indies.
Also, the ball started to grip for the spinners after 25 overs. After 33 overs, the situation of the match slowly started to become in favor of West Indies bowlers.
Questions About West Indies vs India 1st ODI 2022 updates:
Can India defend their total of 308 runs in 50 Overs?
Can West Indies Chase the target of 309 runs in 50 Overs to lead the ODI match series with 1-0?
Let us wait and watch the upcoming 2nd innings of the match between India and the West Indies
Also know About while reading the 1st innings highlights of West Indies vs India 1st ODI 2022:
- Asia Cup 2022 Venue Changed: All You Need To Know About!!!
- Sunil Gavaskar supports Virat Kohli! Here is what you need to know!
- England vs India 3rd ODI 2022 Highlights: Rishabh Pant and Hardik Pandya help India win the series
- England vs India 2nd T20 2022 Highlights: India wins the series with 2-0 against England
- England vs India 2nd ODI 2022 Highlights: England win by 100 runs to stay alive in the series
- India Tour of West Indies 2022: Team Squads and interesting news to know
- Rohit Sharma Celebrates his 15 years of journey in International Cricket!
- On this Day in 2013 MS Dhoni become the first captain to achieve this record!
- Rohit Sharma Latest Fitness News! Good News For All Hitman Fans
- MS Dhoni Important lesson To Hardik Pandya That Transformed Him!
- Is there any chance for Virat Kohli to score more than 100 centuries?
- Virat Kohli celebrates his 11 years in Test Cricket! Records to be Known!
- List of Most Double hundreds as a Test Match Captain! Interesting Facts To Know
- Why Broadcasters are paying a huge amount of INR 48000 crores for IPL?